Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day Three in London

Okay...so again...no sleeping in on this vacation. 6am was the alarm today. Breakfast and brisk walk to the tube. Meeting Nick in Surrey for a trip to Stonehenge. Mom and he pick right back up..and I fall asleep sort of in the back seat. It's about an hour to the site, but well worth it. I even see one of the horses carved into the mountain. it's hugs. But nothing compares with the size of Stonehenge. You can't get close, but my camera sure can. The rocks are massive and you can't help but wonder what, who and why???



after a lot of walking in that area, we headed off for lunch. Stopped in Berwick at the Boot Inn. decided to take a little walk first down the quaint village. Met Roy..he suggested we bypass the boot for the Pelican Inn in Stapleford. He was right and it was amazing. Had a great garden with roosters and chickens wandering about. Had a wonderful lunch.




Then we went to the Henge at avebury. The area where the stones is is probably 4x as big as Stonehenge and a small village is set inside. It's beautiful country and wonderful walking. Had tea at 4..just like we're supposed to. I had strawberry shortcake...but the cream isn't sweet and the cake are really cookies....more for my list!!!



So..took awhile to get back..and my legs are feeling a bit like jelly..more walking tomorrow I'm sure as we are going to see Billy Elliot at the Victoria Palace theater. Maybe I'll get to sleep in though..since there are NO early morning dates.

Night all...hugs

No comments: