Sunday, June 13, 2010

Third Day in Holland




Bertie says he tried to wake me up for 20 min...I don't believe him..esp since I'm up now at 8:30..and he's sleepin' away the morning. Yesterday was palace day. We went to the Palace at the Loo. Its not a residence anymore, but it's amazing. Has a huge garden in the back. The walls have gold leaf all over and beautiful tapestries. They wouldn't let us take any pictures inside and when i tried to find one on the web, they didn't exist. They really don't want you to see the inside of this place. I did find one of the main dining room. It does not do the place justice, but here it is.



We did get to the gardens and they let pictures like crazy there. Bertie and I by a fountain in the center between the two gardens. They are huge. There are three areas of them.



There is a low garden, directly behind the palace and a high garden beyond that. It took me four pics with my landscape setting to get it all in. The gardens are a beautiful green with perfectly manicured maze like greens. There are fountains and statues all over. I did not get to see the audience room or the golden carriage, but what i did see was amazing. I posted the pictures on my Facebook page, so if you want to see them, just let me know. On to the van gogh musuem today! See you all lata!

No comments: