Monday, June 14, 2010

Travel day for me!

So...Its on to London for me. Time to meet up with mom and start the "touring". Not sure what i've been doing so far, but hey! Bertie took me to the airport after a rather stressful evening of trying to figure out if I even had a flight to London. I never got a confirmation number from the website we ordered the ticket. everything was in dutch..which of course I don't speak. And Bertie doesn't fly much, so wasn't sure what I wanted him to find. Finally called the airline, but they couldn't give me the number either, as they didn't have any info about me from the airline. They did confirm I had a ticket though..so I slept well and got up VERY early to make sure there were no issues. Bertie and I had coffee and mini pancakes at the airport, which is really small mall, and he left me to go in. I had a BLAST with little brother Bertie and love him as much as i did before. Thank you my friend for everything...you are the best...even if you DO make me ride 10km before I leave your town.



Took a plane to London City airport and got onto the "Tube" to get to Hyde park. I was given the wrong station to get on though, so ended up on the wrong side. it's kind of like being on the west side of central park when you need to be on the east side. Add to that my bag...and I was a tired camper.



Got to the hotel after a cabbie ride (his daughter is going to be a teacher too), and found room and mom. She wants to go out. Great...so we go out. Wander and find food for her and then stroll in Kensington Park. Nevermind that 10KM bike ride i did yesterday or the three trains I had to ride today...we're strolling the park.



Ended up at kensington palace where they are having an exhibit called "the enchanted palace". They talk about different princesses in turns of art and fashion. It was amazing. They wouldn't let me take pictures, but I did find a couple online. Tomorrow we start the tours of London proper...can't wait.

More tomorrow all.



No comments: