Sunday, June 13, 2010

Last Day in Holland

So..Bertie wanted to make sure that I went out with a bang...took me to a museum that is also a national park. It has a huge collection of Van Gogh paintings. It's about a 1/2 hour drive...and another hour walk...so instead of walking...I could choose to ride a bike the 5+km to the park/museum. Gotta love those big tired one speed bikes...



We stopped and had some lunch..i had a roll and ham and cheese. It was pretty cool, I picked out the bread and the meat was on a plate wrapped up. I felt like I was not at home for sure.



The Museum was great, however, I must say I didn't get it much of the time. We had a great time wandering around. The way in a huge sculpture garden with large and small sculptures all over. I liked the ones called rocky lumps. They looked like big marshmallows to me.



After a 3 hour stroll through the museum gardens and buildings...we then had that 5+ bike ride back, and of course, we chose the long way back...so now my bum hurts just a bit..and my legs are going to be mad in the morning. I'm getting up really early to get to the airport and on to London. I can't wait and am meeting mom for the next leg of the journey. I hope you all are enjoying this. I am. :-)

goedenavond Zwolle...I had a blast!!!!!

No comments: