Sunday, June 20, 2010

Travel Day and First day in Paris

Got up early again...whoever says vaca's are for rest...never ever went on a guided tour of London or Paris. Headed for the train station..and I am sad...NO STAMP going into France. Just one leaving London...so my passport just has 4 stamps in it. I am really hoping to get one as I leave France, but who knows...guess they don't mind strangers coming in. The train ride was uneventful and I dozed..a lot...On the bus ride in, the guide didn't say much, so I guess we didn't pass anything important. I did get a great view of the Eiffel tower as we made our way to the hotel.





MOm and I walked around the Seine for a bit...looking for a good view of the tower. Saw a bride and groom getting pictures taken in front of the tower on this little bridge and a model doing a photo shoot as well. Finally found something I can't spell and they had a huge screen erected and were watching the world cup..of course..what else would they be watching. Italy didn't do so well against those pesky New Zealanders.



Then we walked around the tower a bit...did some souvenir looking and found a great little restaurant for dinner. The waitress was sweet and took our pics. I had spaghetti bouillabaisse..cause I've NO idea how to spell that...and mom had something akin to beef Stew....another recipe for Howard. Then I got a pretty good handle on all the wireless nonsense around here...cause all the TV stations are in french with no subtitles...won't be doing much of TV watching here... Time for bed soon..



Hugs all

No comments: