Thursday, June 24, 2010

Strike day in Paris

So...A strike in Paris (for my list) means 24 hours in the middle of tourist season, you can't leave the city (no trains), it's hit or miss if the museum is open...Louvre was not, Rodin was and you better not be claustrophobic if you are taking the trains. Also, better allow LOTS more time. Today we did find some metro trains running, so we took them to Montemarre and a beautiful church at the top of the mountain. We got there during service and heard the nun's choir sing...much better than they did in Sister Act(Btw). We walked around some market like streets with shops and vendors all along all the streets. IT was pretty cool actually. Went to the area Toulouse LaTreche used to live in.




Took the train on the off chance that the Rodin museum would be open...it was so we spent the afternoon in and out of the garden sculptures and in the house. The Thinker is there..not sure what he is thinking about, but it's pretty deep because he never moves. :) I also like the Dances and lovers hands. Very romantic.







Finally after dinner, we took a river cruise on the Seine at dusk, and saw the Eiffel tower all lit up. On our way home it started to twinkle. I took a movie..it was really spectacular. Since it is so late, the strike is over, and we can go to Versailles tomorrow, I'm headed to bed. Sorry for the short blog, but I'm really tired. Tomorrows the last day..then I'm headed home. Hope you have enjoyed these little moments. I know I have.


No comments: